Like FAST TRACK Selective Hydrodemolition, LMC material and placement has a proven standard specification and methods of payment that will fix cost the initial 1¾ inch placement including LMC material and pay material cost only for variable depth areas and grade elevation corrections. Material cost is the cost of the latex provided by a latex concrete material supplier.
The Standard Specification on this site for LMC eliminates all variable risk and expensive overruns for an owner or consulting firm.
When placed on a highly rough and bondable surface, which FAST TRACK Selective Hydrodemolition provides, and placed correctly, LMC will give an owner a 25 -30 years of maintenance free structural relief.
After certified approved materials are provided at the job site and the latex mobiles are calibrated and approved to install the thin bonded LMC Overlay properly, the sequence is:
- Perform surface preparation of the concrete surface with 7,500 PSI water blasting after the FAST TRACK Selective Hydrodemolition to clean the surface of foreign materials.
- Wet the surface until it stops drying out. The wetting period in most specifications is not correct for the heat of the summer which might require 4-6 hours to wet and cool the surface before the surface remains wet.
- After the surface is completely wet and not drying out, cover with clear visqueen plastic during mild spring and fall months. Cover with white visqueen plastic during hot summer months.
- Back the loaded, calibrated latex concrete mobiles on the visqueen, down the deck to the finish machine.
- Test each latex concrete mobile for slump, air content and yield before you start pouring. Take one quart latex sample from each concrete mobile mixer and make test cylinders to measure comprehensive strength.
- Pour and finish latex concrete with an approved finish machine such as Bidwell or Gomaco. Do not use manual finish screed to finish latex.
- Two days before the pour put burlap in water troughs to soak in water until completely wet. Place wet burlap on latex concrete that has been poured and cover with white visqueen plastic. Stay within 30 feet of the back of the finish machine with the curing process. Use no other material besides wet burlap unless approved by the latex manufacturer.